Raising venture capital is an intense process. You can’t be too prepared for it. If this is something you are considering, this discussion I had with Wayne Wallace will help you get ready.
In this discussion you’ll discover:
- A primer on the different types of venture capital, and which might work for you based on the stage of your company
- The financial and non-financial advantages of venture capital over other financing sources
- What venture capitalists are looking for and ways to increase the likelihood of attracting venture capital
- The cold hard truth (with stats) about the likelihood of getting funded
- Why the Midwest is a great place to look for venture capital right now
- That your brilliant idea may not be the most important thing
- What you can do to improve your chances of actually closing a deal and getting funded (not just getting a meeting)
- Some free (or low-cost) resources to help you prepare for the capital raising process (some great Cleveland options include Jumpstart, COSE and MAGNET)
- The pros and cons of working with investment bankers to raise venture capital
- The ins and outs of the capital raising process
- Life after the deal is closed
These free, weekly, interactive sessions are for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join us next Thursday.
We’d love to hear your insights and questions.