As business owners and/or leaders we all want to create more valuable businesses. But how are companies valued in the first place? In this Leadership Success Live Podcast we discussed how to value a business, and what we can do to increase it, with guest and valuation expert, Charles Aquino.
Exciting news: this is now an official Podcast!
As of this week, we’re listed in the iTunes and Blackberry directories. Just search for my name or Leadership Success Podcast. In case you’re interested in podcasting and are wondering why I’m announcing this on episode 16, don’t worry, it only takes a few days to submit and get approved. It just took me a while to do it.
So, on to the main discussion …
In my discussion with Chuck Aquino you’ll discover:
- Specific ways buyers and investors think about value
- Financial metrics which valuation experts use to value a business
- How to use comparable public companies and comparable transactions to estimate company value
- The role of future expected financial performance in valuation
- The difference between public and private company values
- Why size matters
- The sophistication of the business, especially the leadership team, is a significant contributor to company value
- The impact investing in information systems has on value
- How business model can influence company value
- The surprising effect of intellectual property and other intangibles on value
These free, weekly, interactive sessions are for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join us next Thursday. We’d love to hear your insights and questions.
You can also leave a comment below.