Content marketing is a great way to deliver real value to your customers, garner the trust of prospects, and introduce them to who you really are and why they should buy from you. An added bonus is that Google also likes it and will reward you for it. In this episode I discussed content marketing and why you can’t ignore it with Jason Therrien, President and Founder of thunder::tech, an integrated marketing agency in Cleveland, OH. You can get more from Jason on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Here are some of the points you’ll hear in our discussion:
- How every business, not just those online, can use content marketing
- You probably already have content ready to use for marketing
- Why you should embrace (and not fear) being generous and educating your customer for free
- Every business should be a publisher these days
- Business-to-business service providers may have it easiest
- Content marketing can shorten the sales cycle
- Why you want to be first in your industry to share useful content
- Where content marketing fits into an overarching marketing strategy
- When it comes to content marketing, direct mail is anything but dead
- Content marketing is simple, but not magic – you still need to understand your customer’s needs
- Content marketing is the way to be found by search engines – no tricks, it has to be good
Resources Mentioned In The Podcast
- Print publication: Content Marketing Institute’s Chief Content Officer Magazine
- Joe Pulizzi (known to many as the Godfather of content marketing)
Come Join Us Live On The Next Episode Of This Podcast
I often record a bulk of this podcast live. You can call-in and offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success. If you want to be notified for the next live podcast, sign up here. If you already call-in regularly, thank you!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoy this podcast, it would mean a lot to me if you would head over to iTunes and give it a rating or a review. These ratings carry a lot of weight and will help make this podcast more visible to more people. Thank you if you’ve already done this!