Do you know why you see the online ads you do? Do you have any idea how to make online advertising work for your organization?
In this episode of the Leadership Success Podcast I discuss intelligent advertising with Kyle Napierkowski.
Prior to heading out to San Francisco to join an early stage company called RadiumOne, a provider of data-driven, intelligent advertising services and applications, Kyle co-founded two startups, DecisionDesk and Fresh Fork Market. Kyle is also a musician and an avid rock climber and you find out more about him on Facebook and LinkedIn.
At times during this interview I felt way over my head because Kyle’s daily work is on the cutting edge of the online advertising world. But in the end, I learned a lot and am happy with what we covered.
Here are some highlights:
- intelligent advertising and how it has made the ad buying process much more efficient and cost-effective
- how to serve ads precisely to the people with whom you want to do business
- the level at which social networks factor into advertising in the digital world (hint: even if you’re not on Facebook, you can’t ignore what it could do for your business)
- retargeting and the bare minimum of online advertising every business should be doing
- the stats on what kinds of ads people prefer and what makes them successful
- the vastness of online advertising data compared to the data available on other ad media
I didn’t mention it in this podcast, but you should combine what you learned here with what I covered in Episode #021: Content Marketing with Jason Therrien.
Additional Resources For This Podcast
- Article: Real-Time Bidding Poised to Make Up Quarter of All Display Spending
- Resource: Google Ads Targeting Tools
- Resource: Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Resource: Bing Ads Intelligence Tool
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoy this podcast, it would mean a lot to me if you would head over to iTunes and give it a rating or a review. These ratings carry a lot of weight and will help make this podcast more visible to more people. Thank you if you’ve already done this!