In this episode I’ll share with you six reasons why I create these things. I want to explain why it’s important to me, but I also want you to think hard about doing it yourself. It’s really not that difficult, and I promise, you’ll get a lot out of it.
Here are the six reasons I discuss on the podcast:
- I want to be helpful to you: we’ve discussed before the role of a leader, and how part of it is sharing our experiences. This is one way I can practice doing this. I know I’m not always right, but I at least hope to make you think a little.
- Creating is fun and necessary: we’re all born creative, the trick is figuring out how to maintain it. The stats are pretty clear that creativity is the best predictor of success. This podcast is one way for me to practice.
- Writing and talking helps clarify my thoughts: we’re all trying to figure out life. Writing is one way that helps me. When I share with you publicly something I’ve written, it forces me to think more carefully. It make me test my assumptions.
- Improving writing and speaking skills: along with leadership, communication is one of the most important skills we can develop. It requires a lot of time and effort and, as with anything, the more we practice the more we improve. I get to practice once a week here.
- Building a brand and reputation: we discussed personal branding before, and this is where I want people to land first when they look for me online. Type David P Mariano into Google you’ll find this site comes up first. Why would I want it any other way?
- Leading a tribe or an audience: I want to make positive change in this world, and leading a tribe is probably the best way to do that today. I’m not sure exactly how yet, but creating content and getting my ideas out there is all part of the process for me.
As I mentioned, I hope you take what I said and ask yourself how it applies to you. What are you doing that is special in your little corner of the world? What can you make that tells people exactly what you’re about? What can you create, that only you can create?
I’d love you hear from you in the comments below.
Resources Mentioned In The Podcast
- Podcast: Creativity is Everybody’s Business
- Podcast: Personal Branding
- Podcast: Leaders of People
- Article: As Children’s Freedom Has Declined, So Has Their Creativity
- Article: Why Kids Are Creative, and How They Lose It As Adults
- Video: Why You Need a Tribe
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoy this podcast, it would mean a lot to me if you would head over to iTunes and give it a rating or a review. These ratings carry a lot of weight and will help make this podcast more visible to more people. Thank you if you’ve already done this!