In case you missed it, here is a summary of the Leadership Success Call for August 30, 2012.
Building a great team starts with hiring the right people. On this call we discussed planning and running a successful process.
Here are some things you’ll learn from our discussion:
- The recruitment process must be given the same care as strategic planning or launching a new product or service (this point and a few others were adapted from this article)
- Hiring is a process, not an event
- Start by figuring out exactly what you’re looking for (skills, character traits, etc.) and write it down
- Assembling a diverse recruitment team will yield better results than if you do it alone
- Recruitment is is similar to a traditional marketing process and should be run as such
- You may be surprised where you find your best candidates
- The best results come when candidates are run through the process together, according to a reasonable schedule
- Phone interviews are a great way to narrow it down to your final 3-5 candidates
- Expect the final round interview day to take a full day
- The Round Robin interview style is efficient and is very effective in maintaining competition
- Have a training and integration plan in place before the new hire starts
I launched these Free, interactive sessions for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join the discussion.
We’d love to hear your insights and questions.