In case you missed it, this is a summary of the Leadership Success Call for September 13, 2012.
Having a basic understanding of finance can help any small business owner/operator grow and be more successful. Most small businesses don’t need a full-time CFO, so on this call I reviewed the basics with guest, Jason Peterson. Jason handles treasury and cash management for PolyOne Corp and started his career with a couple small businesses.
In this discussion you’ll discover:
- How using financial analysis can help you grow your business (or at least ensure you’re not losing money)
- Landscaping, labor and the importance of pricing
- Numbers aren’t just for financial geeks, they can literally save you from disaster
- Financial analysis isn’t complicated, but it requires some organization and a desire to evaluate reality
- Which software and tools are necessary, which are optional
- How costing and pricing tools can improve your business
- Other resources to help you became a better business leader, including:
- How To Read a Financial Report (free pdf)
- Financial Ratio Tutorial (free pdf)
- Analysis For Financial Management by Robert Higgins (affiliate link)
I launched these Free, interactive sessions for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join the discussion next Thursday.
We’d love to hear your insights and questions.