No, it’s not President or CEO of a company. It’s not Owner or Founder of your own business. It’s not the Executive Director of a major non-profit. It’s not even President of The United States.
It’s being a father.
Even if you’re not a dad yet this is still information you’ll want to know, and some of the stats will shock you.
In case you missed it, this is a summary of the Leadership Success Call for September 20, 2012.
In this discussion you’ll discover:
- The consequences of fatherlessness on our nation (stats, and more stats)
- Better fathers may be the answer to all of our major problems (healthcare, education, poverty, crime, etc.)
- How the core principles of leadership apply to being a father
- The number one way you can be a great father and show your kids you love them
- How to be an All Pro Dad
- How every father needs a support network of other guys
- Some great resources for fathers, including:
- AllProDad.com (part of Family First Programs, including iMom and Family Minute): the NFL and Tony Dungy are big supporters of this so it’s not a soft and mushy; it’s real advice from real men
- Fathers.com: online location for the National Center For Fathering
- Bible: even if you don’t consider yourself spiritual, the Bible still has some great verses on teaching, wisdom, patience, encouragement, and forgiveness (among others)
- A cool story about Barack Obama, a complete stranger, and fatherlessness
I launched these Free, interactive sessions for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join the discussion next Thursday.
We’d love to hear your insights and questions.