Making and fulfilling commitments is a crucial element of leadership. In fact, life is just a series of small commitments we either choose to fulfill or not. It’s a simple concept but isn’t always easy and can be a stumbling block for many people. On this Leadership Succes Call we explored why it’s important and discussed a few ways to improve.
In this discussion you’ll discover:
- The series of commitments that comprise life begins every morning when we wake up
- Every commitment we make is an opportunity to move forward, or take a step backwards
- Making and fulfilling commitments is more than just building blocks for achieving goals – it is the foundation for trust in relationships (business and personal)
- The important first step to improve our follow-through on commitments
- Why both over-committers and under-committers always lose
- The power of writing down a goal and telling someone else about it
- We have no excuses for not fulfilling commitments if we take advantage of the technology around us
- There is inherent tension and conflict in every commitment we make – recognize it’s there, be ok with it, and then take the first step toward fulfillment
- We can screw up even worse than not fulfilling a commitment – learn how to avoid it
I launched these Free, interactive sessions for leaders who want to learn, grow, and help create other leaders. People call in to offer opinions, ask questions, and inspire others to live and lead with more success.
Feel free to join the discussion next Thursday.
We’d love to hear your insights and questions.