Communication skills are critical for living an effective and satisfying personal and professional life. We communicate with our spouse, our kids, our friends, our customers, our coworkers, etc.
Leaders need to be especially good communicators to inspire, motivate or inform other people. A great leadership mindset or plan without the ability to communicate is essentially a daydream. You’ll never get anything done without the ability to communicate.
Communication skills are important but they are very difficult to develop – it’s difficult in the moment and tough to be objective by yourself.
I found a very effective and ridiculously affordable way, and share it with you in this podcast.
You’ve probably heard of Toastmasters before but may not be familiar with how valuable it is. It has been around since 1924 and currently has more than 280,000 members in 13,500 clubs in 116 countries. In its nearly 90 years of existence Toastmasters has helped more than 4 million people!
Take a listen to hear why I joined (and think you should too). Here are some highlights:
- well-designed, self-led educational system fine tuned over many years
- organized around skill development AND leaves room for individuality and personal style
- it’s a very supportive community full of feedback and encouragement
- everyone gets a mentor
- you get regular opportunities, small and large, to speak and develop skills
- you receive a lot of value for a small investment
- Podcast: Freedom Through Communication
- Podcast: 6 Core Principles of Great Leaders
- Podcast: Why I Do What I Do
- Toastmasters International Website
- Mid-Day Toastmasters Cleveland (come join me!)
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoy this podcast, it would mean a lot to me if you would head over to iTunes and give it a rating or a review. These ratings carry a lot of weight and will help make this podcast more visible to more people. Thank you if you’ve already done this!