Amongst other things, Jim and I discussed:
- that you can, in fact, excel and achieve happiness in this crazy busy world
- why emotional intelligence is 3x more important than smarts, skills, etc. when determining leadership success
- how a significant portion of our happiness is a decision
- employee engagement is just a politically correct term for happiness
- just as crap rolls downhill, so does happiness (how is your happiness, leaders?)
- the detrimental effects of focusing on what is wrong with people instead of what is right
- why what you do is more important than what you say
- the core values shift from boomers to millenials and what leaders need to do about it
- the essence of happiness for any individual (this may surprise you!)
- an exercise you can do in 60 seconds to get a glimpse of real happiness
- Website: The Executive Happiness Coach
- Worksheet: Core Values Exercise from The Executive Happiness Coach
- Book: The How of Happiness, Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Article: Greatness Requires Support
- Article: What You Say and What You Do
- Podcast: What is Leadership Success?
- Podcast: Life’s A Speech
- Podcast: Executive Depression – It Is Real
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoy this podcast, it would mean a lot to me if you would head over to iTunes and give it a rating or a review. These ratings carry a lot of weight and will help make this podcast more visible to more people. Thank you if you’ve already done this!