This is another special episode of Finance Career Launch where we cover a particular skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll cover the impact of attitude on your success.
In prior episodes we have talked about the importance of insatiable curiosity, analytical skills and great communication, but sometimes your success will come from something much simpler than these things.
In this episode we cover:
- How having a hopeful or positive outlook can raise the mood and performance of the entire team
- Why leaders prefer positive people over pessimists and cynics (and the tragic fate of these negative team members)
- The myth that people tell themselves about being ‘realistic’
- How the condition of your heart can dictate your success
- The inseparable connection between attitude and action
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you hopeful and do you believe the future will be better because of the work you are doing?
- Do you feel like people owe you, or are you truly serving those around you?
- Are you taking action to keep things moving and as an example to others?
Music by Elijah from NOMADS