NOTICE: The Pilot Program for the Finance Resume Builder is now closed.
It will re-open soon so register here to learn how to craft a finance resume that gets results.
This is another short, mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch where we answer a listener question or discuss a particular skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. One of the most common requests I receive is for finance resume help. This is the first of a two part series on resumes for finance and we’ll be covering five elements that make a finance resume more compelling. Next week we’ll review the negative side of things – mistakes you want to avoid at all costs.
If you are not already an FCL Member (it’s free) and you think you might need help with your resume, now is a good time to join so you can take advantage of the Resume Toolkit. FCL Members get an early look, the super low initial price and forever access (includes all future updates).
In this episode we cover:
- What to do before you even begin to write your finance resume (this is the most critical step)
- Researching and deciding on the area of finance which fits you best
- Why it is important for your finance resume to have a professional and clean look
- The conservatism of financial professionals
- Why you have only a few minutes for your resume to catch someone’s attention (and what to do about it)
- Ordering your resume sections and bullets for maximum impact
- Avoiding the extremes of too much clutter and white space on your resume
- Crafting bullets that demonstrate your impact
- Using your resume to show that you are the person that people need to hire
- Ensuring that your resume tells the whole story of who you are
Music by Elijah from NOMADS