This is another special episode of Finance Career Launch where we discuss a particular skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll cover why follow up is the critical step to being successful in many things we do.
At first glance, it seems silly that we should need to cover a topic like following up because it is so basic. But I’ve found that people struggle with it constantly (me included). We can all make excuses about forgetting, getting too busy or not knowing how to follow up, but the fact remains that it is important. Our careers depend on it.
In this episode we cover:
- One great example of a student following up with me
- Why follow up is so important to our clients, prospects and colleagues
- How following up can make or break our careers or job searches
- The role that follow up plays in networking and why it is the foundation of any relationship (business or personal)
- How the simple act of following up can set you apart from the competition
- Developing a simple system to help you follow up
- Being timely and memorable, but concise when following up
Music by Elijah from NOMADS