Job shadowing can be a great way to really understand a career path. Shadowing opportunities aren’t always available, but they can be found when approached the right way.
This is the first of a few follow-up episodes on Episode 102, Options Trading and Staying Level-Headed About Change, with Kirk Du Plessis. We’ll dig into how to approach job shadowing in finance and a step-by-step process to secure informational interviews.
In this episode:
- How much time you should (and shouldn’t) be spending researching careers online and in books
- Why shadowing isn’t always going to be an option
- How to approach someone for an informational interview
- The importance of asking great questions (download the list of sample questions here)
- When to ask for further time and when to back off
- Follow up that will make you stand out
Music by Elijah from NOMADS