This is another short, mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch where we discuss a particular skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today I simply want to encourage you to be very careful about your mindset. Be mindful of the negative voices in your own head and those coming from other people. They aren’t always accurate.
I recently received an email from a guy I helped with some resume and career coaching. If felt good to be praised and thanked but, more importantly, it reminded me that we can’t allow others to prevent us from reaching our goals. Sometimes other people can limit our belief in ourselves. Sometimes the negative voices in our own head limit us. It is important to surround ourselves with positive and encouraging people and resources.
Just because something is difficult doesn’t mean it is impossible. And it definitely doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.
In this episode we cover:
- Why the voices around us and in our own heads are often wrong
- Not letting these negative voices limit what we can achieve
- Accomplishing huge things with the right people and support around us
- The belief that we can always learn new things or make significant changes
- Why difficult is very different than impossible
Music by Elijah from NOMADS