If you are in the U.S., Happy Thanksgiving! If you are somewhere else, I hope you have a great week too! No matter where you are, I hope you are able to spend extra time with your family this week.
If you listened to FCL Episode 009 you’ll know that this is a continuation of my conversation with Richard Grosshandler. If you haven’t listened to that conversation, definitely go back and do it because Richard has some great experience in both investment banking and private equity. Richard now runs a strategy consulting and private investment firm called Splash 4 Partners, which he co-founded with one of his brothers. We’ll discuss his business in a little more detail this episode.
The conversation begins with Richard and I discussing some of the lessons we have learned from the entrepreneurs and business owners we’ve had the fortune of meeting throughout our careers.
In this episode we discuss:
- The value of putting your heart and soul into your business, your career or really anything you do
- Success of those people who identify and solve problems for other people
- How to become an overnight success
- The “business” vs. the financial model
- Why sometimes it makes sense to start a business later in your career
- The nuts and bolts of Richard’s company
Music by Elijah from NOMADS