Some job postings will include a minimum GPA, skill-level, or years of experience requirement. If you don’t meet the requirements, should you apply? How can you get by these hurdles?
This is another short, mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch where we discuss a skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll cover what to do if you can’t meet the minimum GPA or experience requirement.
In this episode:
- Should you give up or apply anyway?
- A word about GPA to people still in school
- Using this job search strategy to circumvent the GPA or experience requirement
- The questions you must be able to answer if you are going to get around this obstacle
- How to use a generic requirement to generate specific examples
- What other things have you done that are more important than your GPA?
Music by Elijah from NOMADS