Making a change can be intimidating for some and exhilarating for others. Either way, the result of making a change will never as bad as you expect and it will never be as good as you expect.
Before we get into the conversation with our guest, remember that that from now until March 8, 2017, I’ve opened a few spots for some free coaching. Click here to find out more and reserve your spot. The only requirements are that you bring at least 5 years of work experience and an open mind.
Today’s guest is Kirk Du Plessis. Kirk is a full-time options trader, real estate investor, and stay-at-home dad. He began his career as an investment banker in the M&A group with Deutsche Bank in New York and then became a REIT analyst for BB&T Capital Markets in Washington DC before founding his current company, Option Alpha, in 2007. What started as a small personal blog has quickly grown into one of the industry’s most respected authorities on options trading with more than 6.4 million visitors each year and 35,000 active members representing 42 different countries.
In this episode:
- Knowing what you want (and don’t want) in your career in life
- Not fearing making a change when your career isn’t a fit for you
- How to learn about a career path before you get into it
- The world of options trading
- How a trading desk works at a large Wall Street firm
- The thought process behind options trading
- Various people you might find on a trading floor
- Creating a business based on passion and a little experience
- Why the best business ideas often success by first giving most of it away for free
- How to find out exactly what your customers and prospects want to buy from you
- Why you need to be on alert and avoid being blinded by a false sense of success
- The one thing you must do to accomplish big things in life
- Kirk Du Plessis’ LinkedIn Profile
- The One Thing, by Gary Keller
- The Pumpkin Plan, by Mike Michalowicz
Music by Elijah from NOMADS