What is your personal brand online? If I typed your name into Google before meeting you for the first time, what would I find? Would the results represent the personal brand you want?
Today’s guest is someone who doesn’t have the career in finance you want, but he is someone who can help you get it. He can help you build your personal brand online.
Ryan Rhoten is a personal branding expert, a speaker, a writer, and host of the podcast, The BRAND New You Show. What amazes me most about Ryan is he does all of that on the side. He also has a day job as a business leader with Allegion (formerly part of Ingersoll Rand), and has worked for reputable companies such as Otis Elevator, Carlisle, Simula and Disney.
But as I mentioned, he also helps people pursue their dream careers by helping them discover and create their personal brand online. He can help you do just that.
If you do nothing else as a result of this episode, do yourself a favor and check out RyanRhoten.info. Ryan uses this site for recruiters and companies to experience his contributions way beyond the traditional resume. I am jealous of this site and it wouldn’t surprise me if you will want something just like it for yourself.
In this episode:
- How personal events (even the seemingly tragic ones) can lead you to your life’s work
- The benefits of investing in yourself to uncover your personal brand
- Why it is critical to invest in building your personal brand online
- What to do if you feel stuck in your current job or are struggling to figure out what you want to do
- How the D.I.C.E. process will give you confidence by focusing on your strengths, not your weaknesses
- What can happen if you don’t control your online brand
- The role that “billboards on the internet highway” play in your personal brand
- How creating your own website is inexpensive and far easier than you may think (you can do it in just 5 minutes!)
- Why you should never solely rely on satellite websites (it is like paying to build a house on rented land)
- How you can use your subject-matter expertise to build your personal brand online
- What algorithms and technology mean for your career, and how you can use these tools to your advantage
- Not getting left behind out of fear, laziness, or a misconception that creating a personal brand online is too difficult
- Ryan Rhoten’s LinkedIn Profile
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
- Crystal – communicate with anyone, based on personality
- Ryan’s conversation with the founder of Crystal, Drew D’Agostino
Music by Elijah from NOMADS