Today’s guest is Ben Fanning. Ben is a Chief Engagement Officer and leading authority on helping people transform their current job into their dream job and has also held senior positions with Russell Athletic, The Sports Authority, DHL and Honeywell. Ben is the author of the #1 bestselling book, The Quit Alternative: The Blueprint for Creating the Job You Love … Without Quitting. The Quit Alternative has been distributed in more than 39 countries and is endorsed by New York Times Best Selling Author, Chris Brogan, plus several Fortune 50 Executives.
Last week we reviewed 5 Elements of a Compelling Finance Resume and discussed what your resume needs in order to get noticed and pass that very competitive, initial screening process. You may recall that I mentioned something about the upcoming release of the Finance Career Launch Resume Toolkit. This pilot launch of the toolkit will include a written guide, video tutorials, my resume, 5 templates, and videos of custom one-on-one reviews that I have done for other people. The toolkit will give you everything you need to craft a resume that will get you the results you want. Because this is the pilot I am offering it at the low initial price of $47. The price will go up when we re-launch it later this year. In exchange for the low initial price, I only want your feedback. In order to get this offer, please go to FinanceCareerLaunch.com, click the blue button for your free membership and I’ll let you know when it is available.
In this episode we discuss:
- A wakeup call that no one wants to get
- The common element in every one of our career problems
- How self awareness can save your career, your relationships and your health
- Burnout and its true root cause
- The third alternative when considering quitting or staying in your current job
- Creating the work that you love vs. finding a job that is just available and may not work for you
- Molding your job description into something that fits you
- The groundwork you need to do in order to create the job you love
- Your dream job may be, simply, a slight variation on what you are doing right now
- How to campaign your way into a role that gives you deep satisfaction and fulfillment
- During crisis, do you see danger or opportunity?
Music by Elijah from NOMADS