This is another special episode of Finance Career Launch where we cover a particular skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll discuss transitioning personal relationships into business relationships.
This topic came from a conversation I had with someone where I was asked, how can I get some of my contacts to see me as more than just my father’s son?
Now, not all of us are in this situation, but we all eventually find ourselves in a position to do business with someone where the relationship started as personal. Either way, the principles and strategies in this episode apply.
In this episode we cover:
- How fast you should be able to transition the relationship from personal to business
- Why asking for business or career advice is often a great starting point
- How to make these personal contacts view you as a valuable business resource over time
- When and how to bring up what you and your company can do for this person
- The real difference between business relationships and personal relationships (or lack thereof)
- Personal vs Professional Relationships: The Key to Business Success
- How to Turn a Relationship Into a Sale
Music by Elijah from NOMADS