If you are interested in an investment banking career, what are your alternatives? There are a variety of firms, industries and product groups to choose from.
This mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch is the second of a four-part series about Getting into Investment Banking. In this episode, we’ll cover a few specific investment banking career paths.
In this episode:
- How to cut up the investment banking industry by size, industry and product
- An investment banking career within a bulge bracket firm
- Examples of middle market investment banks and lower middle market firms
- The differences in deal sizes between the bulge bracket, middle market and lower middle market
- Industry groups within bulge bracket investment banks
- How deep industry expertise can enable you to form a specialty investment bank
- Sell-side vs. buy-side M&A
- Why many investment banking firms focus on sell-side M&A
- Debt capital markets groups vs. private capital raising
- The infrastructure required to support an equity capital markets group
- Equity capital raising within middle market and lower middle market investment banks
Music by Elijah from NOMADS