As your career progresses you’ll likely get to a point where you want more responsibility. No matter how badly you want it, you’ll need to take these vital steps if you want it to actually happen.
This is another short, mid-week episode of Finance Career Launch where we discuss a skill, habit or mindset that will help you advance your career in finance. Today we’ll cover what to do when you want more responsibility.
In this episode:
- Being crystal clear about what it means to “want more responsibility”
- What you need to do to get people to take action
- How to articulate what you want to your company
- What matters more than your desire for more responsibility
- Deciding who to speak with first when you want more responsibility
- Are there certain times of day when you shouldn’t bring this up?
- Why everyone needs an ambassador (or two)
- How soon you can expect change
- Why you need to learn how to campaign
- What to do if it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen
Music by Elijah from NOMADS